Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hey everyone, I baked something

Today I baked cupcakes. I don't bake... ever.. so this is an accomplishment.

Stirring power stance
                                                         
The goal of today's baking session was to figure out what control we will use for our big experiment at the end of the class.  I used a simple recipe I found here: http://www.food.com/recipe/basic-cupcakes-215703.  The cupcakes came out just like the picture on the website! Basic.

This dough, tho


Anyways, the recipe was simple enough. It involved only seven ingredients.  Because neither me nor my housemates ever bake, I had to go out and buy a few things, but in a normal kitchen, all of the ingredients are basic.  It was also very simple to bake, so that would be no problem if we used this for our control.

The dough was thicker than I expected, and it didn't make a full 12 cupcakes, so the recipe would have to be changed just a bit in order to make it consistent with our plan for the experiment.

Cupcake master
I would use this one for a control if we needed, depending on what the other group members came up with in their recipe.  The cupcakes tasted delicious, and I bet they'd be even better with frosting (of course I didn't have that at my house either.)  The height on mine may have been a bit small though.  I wasn't able to measure the height, but comparing it to the other group members, I believe mine averaged 1 or 2 centimeters shorter.


Seriously, how perfect do those cupcakes look?

Until next time my friends.

2 comments:

  1. First off, I really enjoyed the stirring power stance. It probably definitely made your cupcakes awesome. Your recipe also seems like it is probably a good one to use and relatively easy to follow. Why do you think the batter was thicker than what you would have expected? Also, do you think it would have made more cupcakes if you didn't fill each container as much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pictures in this blog! They were entertaining and showed me what you were doing. I wonder why the batter was so thick, why did you think so? The picture made it look thick as well so I liked having the visual there. What kind of cupcakes were these? What do you think you and your classmates will do to this recipe to make it an experiment? Great writing by the way! It was entertaining and fun to read. :) Congrats on baking for the first time! :)

    ReplyDelete